Pleated skirts are fashionable and popular. The exquisite extended hemline and tightened waist look well on all body types. They can be dressed casually with flats and a biker jacket, or dressed up with classic heels and a modest top, depending on your mood and schedule. It's the ideal mix of street style and feminine elegance. We've chosen some of our favourite looks to show you how to wear a pleated skirt.
Styling your pleated skirts
Pleats that are stitched down are ideal for those with a larger waistline since they lay flatter and slim you down. Accordion pleats are best for hourglass shapes. Accordion pleats with folds alternating in opposite directions make the hips appear bigger. Knife pleats with folds rotated in one direction give less volume and slimming effect on the bottom area for individuals with a rounder lower half. Choose a skirt that drapes smoothly and falls well over your shape if you have a curvaceous frame.
Pleated skirts slim the figure by emphasising the waist. In many cases, tucking the top in helps to emphasise the impression. A belt can be used to constrict the waist if the top is worn outside the skirt.
A patterned skirt with a solid top is frequent, as is a vibrant skirt with a neutral or toned down top.
Pleated skirts are often worn with heels, but try sneakers for a more relaxed style or flats for a more reasonable look.
How to style your pleated skirts
1. It's all about the glitz and glam these days. A modest style can be achieved by layering a metallic silvery pleated maxi skirt with a tucked-in black turtleneck and a faux leather jacket (all of which are on trend). Any vibrant item will pop against the bland backdrop. The finishing touch to a street-smart but sophisticated appearance might be pointed heels.
2. The pleated skirt's dramatic flare produces a lovely silhouette when paired with a casual tucked-in shirt to avoid it from being too much. To make the top stand out carry a handbag that matches the skirt.
3. For an exquisite look, wear a lovely pink pleated skirt with matching pink high heels. This contrasts wonderfully with the leather jacket's edgy style worn over the dark turtleneck sweater.
4. A bold statement necklace contrasts the comfortable style of the sunglasses and casual shirt, making the top pop. Wear this outfit with your pleated skirts for a relaxed vibe.
5. Make a sophisticated ensemble by matching the hue of a printed shirt to the shade of the skirt for a well-put-together look. While the pleated skirt draws attention to the narrow waist, the horizontal lines on the shirt add to the illusion of a smaller waist.
6. A pleated skirt and a bright shirt provide a more relaxed appearance that may be completed with sandals and a sheer maxi skirt. Wear a pair of leggings underneath for a modest look. The laid-back appearance is given a touch of refinement with the addition of accessories.
7. Tucked-in shirts and pleated skirts are common. The pleated skirt, after all, cinches the waist, which is emphasised when the top is tucked in. H however, the top can be worn outside with a belt pulled around the waist to draw the loose top cloth closer to the body, slimming the figure.
8. Pair a breathtakingly lovely pleated skirt with fashionable high heels and complementing accessories for a strikingly attractive outfit. With a casual printed top, the elegance of the lower half looks unexpectedly excellent.
9. A pleated skirt's flow and texture are nothing short of amazing. A laced top compliments stylish high heels and a matching clutch handbag. An exquisite, sophisticated appearance is completed with a spectacular necklace.
10. Contrast is frequently required for proper style. The look is brightened by a blue denim jacket worn over a neutral top. Despite the fact that denim with pleated skirts is generally coupled with Converse shoes and a wacky skirt design, the combination's elegance is startling. The boyish denim jacket looks great with the feminine pleated skirt. The ladylike look is maintained by the girlish accessories and shoes.
Here are a few skirts that can be styled to achieve the look you want. These skirts are really simple, yet they may be worn in a variety of ways. It's critical to dress in a way that makes you feel confident and at ease. Comfort and confidence are just as vital as style. So, whatever you wear, exude confidence and make it attractive.
There are various skirts available on www.moistreet.com, that have earned a lot of popularity and can be fashioned according to your needs for any occasion.